With the use of Instagram on the rise and quickly becoming the place to check out brands and products before people buy, it is essential to be sure yours is being utilized correctly. Just a few small changes can be the difference between engagement and sales. Here are my top tips:
- Consistent Naming: Be sure to use the same name for your account and username. This should also be consistent with your other social media platforms as well.
- Business Account: Make sure your Instagram is a business account. This allows you to publish posts directly from Hootsuite, get insights on engagement and growth and the ability to add more information about your company.
- Hashtags: While hashtags are important, the type of hashtags is also crucial. Make sure to use smaller and more local hashtags to diversify your content and reach your target audience. Bigger is not always better.
- Content Diversity: Make sure to keep your audience engaged with different content. Although the look and feel should reflect your brand, it should be different each time.
- Influencers: Find influencers that you could benefit from and follow them. Engage with their posts regularly and you could get a shout out from them in the future.
- Your Story: Use your story to encourage your followers to engage with you through polls or questions.
- Reply: Always reply to comments and questions in a timely manner. This helps to build a relationship and encourage further engagement.
While this list could go on and on, these are just a few top priorities any small business can start working on today. For more information like this, be sure to check out my blog every Tuesday for a new tip!