As you may or may not know, Instagram stories are becoming the norm and the driver behind most brands these days. Aside from simply adding to your story daily and keeping up with fresh content, there are some do’s and don’ts when it comes to your story.
- Take the time to have high-quality images and designs that are on brand with the rest of your feed.
- Be quick. When it comes to getting to the point in your story, faster is better. Your audience wants to click through and be done.
- Start and end with your branding.
- Always have a call to action, this can be as simple as directing someone to your website or feed!
- Keep it VERTICAL!
- Use too many stickers. Too many stickers can actually hurt your engagement.
- Use the same background or image in each section of your story. Keep it fresh and exciting by changing it up.
- Be afraid to try something! Your posts disappear in 24 hours, so test it out and see how it goes.
Due to the growing popularity of stories and the potential benefits, it can have on your brand, it is essential to work toward incorporating this into your social media routine. Social media is always changing, so we as business owners, must be willing to change and adapt with it.