One of the best ways to gain new followers and create new content is through user-generated content. User-generated content is content created and shared by your followers about your brand. This marketing strategy is a powerful way to reach people differently. Let’s explore a couple of ways you can encourage your followers to create content about your brand.
- Analyze the types of content/ photos your followers share and encourage them to recreate those images for your brand.
- Create a hashtag relevant to your brand, but not simply your brand name to encourage shares and content creation.
- Encourage your followers to share their experiences about your brand at your event.
- Tap into influencers. For a small fee or simple product sample trade, influencers will review your products and share content about your brand with their many followers.
- Make it a contest. Ask your followers to tag you in their posts for a prize, and you can stock up on user-generated content.
- Offer coupons or incentives for user-generated content.
While this is not an exhaustive list of ways to generate content from your followers, this is a great way to get started. Incorporating user-generated content into your social media strategy will reap substantial organic benefits.