You have probably heard from someone at some time that the easiest and best way toboost your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is by having a blog on your website. This is absolutely true. However, there are a few things to remember to ensure you are getting the most out of this addition to your site.
- This may seem obvious, but you have to blog regularly. An empty blog will do absolutely nothing for your SEO. Simply having a space for it on your site will not do anything for you.
- Regular posts will improve your listing on Google. For example, if someone where to search for SEO Springfield, MO, I would have a better chance of ranking higher on Google because of this post.
- That being said, you have to remember to add tags or keywords. Tags communicate with Google that there are keywords within your blog post that people may use to search for you or that are relevant to what they are searching for based on those words.
- Share it on your social media. The more places you can share your blog and connect it back to your site the more Google will reward you.
- As with everything else, be consistent. If you commit to blogging for your business, do it every week. Just like social media, consistency will communicate professionalism, trust, and reliability.
For more tips like this check out my past posts here or tune in every Tuesday for a new post!