When was the last time you took a hard look at your website? Did you create it or have it designed by another company years ago and then leave it alone? This is a common thing I see with many small business owners.
All too often small business owners do not have the time to make updates to their site. Over the years businesses naturally change and evolve; therefore, your website should as well. Even a simple clean up of content and design can make a huge difference in the success and ROI (return on investment) of your site. If you are looking to redesign and update your website, there are a couple of simple and critical things to keep in mind.
- Content: Is your content up to date? Content can range from services, to contact information, to images, etc.
- Design: As the internet changes so should the look and feel of your website. A sleek, modern look can speak volumes about your business to those looking to work with you.
- Mobile Friendly: This is the biggest problem I see with websites that have not been updated in years. Usually, the sites are not mobile friendly or have too much content on one page causing a person to have to scroll several times on their phone to get the information they are looking for. Creating more tabs is one easy way to fix this problem.
- Contact Form: Most people will be more likely to contact you via a form or email than if their only option is to call. Adding a contact form to your site is a simple way to make it easier for your customers to reach you and generate leads.
- Connect your Social Media: Always be sure to have your social media pages connected on your site (on every page). People will often check your social media before contacting you to verify that you are still in business and active.
If you are interested in giving your website a facelift, check out my services! Also, stay tuned weekly for more tips like this.