When it comes to content curation for social media, graphic design plays a huge role. From editing photos to creating stunning yet useful infographics, it is crucial to stay up to date on the trends and what will help you stand out. Social Media Today compiled a great list of the top trends for 2019, but these are the ones I feel are the most important to try and incorporate if you can.
- Fluid Shapes: Spice up your graphics with flowing lines and shapes to promote a trendier look. Blocks and straight lines are out.
- Bold Type: While the cursive fonts are fun, bold and simple text can send a more modern and clean message without all the frills.
- Asymmetry: Get funky with your designs. Consider off-center text and shapes to evoke curiosity and intrigue from your followers.
- Eclectics: Mix it up. You no longer have to maintain the same dull vibe for all your designs. Keep your audience guessing what they will see next.
- Gradients: Bring these back into your designs for an elevated and multi-dimensional feel that is sure to draw the eye.
For the full list of trends, click here. No matter what, remember to do what is right for your brand. You certainly do not need to incorporate all these trends, but I would suggest trying a few.