As the internet changes and new generations move into the workforce and consumer space, it is essential to stay ahead of the curve. While there are certainly plenty of improvements you can make to your digital marketing strategy for 2019, these are my top picks. Consider adding or improving on these things in the coming year.
- Blog. If your business does not have a blog, you are missing out. Blogging not only provides useful content and information for your current and potential customers but also plays a role in your SEO (search engine optimization).
- Keywords. Speaking of SEO, doing a keywords search for what words your customers are using to find you is crucial. Once you establish said words, you can use them in your blog, website, and overall SEO efforts.
- Social Media. Of course, if you are not already on social media, you need to be. Take a look at your demographic and determine which platforms make the most sense for you to utilize. Once you have created your page enhance it and make the most of it with useful and personalized content, targeting and regular posting.
- Video. You have probably heard that when it comes to social media, videos are king. So, be sure to incorporate quality short videos as much as possible. (take note of the quality piece…) Videos will increase your engagement on social media and drive traffic to your website. Also, consider including a professional and informational video on your website.
- Analyze. All these tactics are great, but will not solve your problems if you do not analyze your progress regularly. Luckily, there are plenty of softwares and resources to help you do this and gather the most important data to help you work smarter not harder. You can use Google Analytics, social media provided insights or marketing automation platforms (like Marketo or Pardot) to help you get the information you need.
No matter how you go into 2019, make sure to keep trying new things. Keep putting content out there regularly and analyze it often. Take the new year as an opportunity to start fresh and revamp your digital marketing strategy.